Welcome to Nepal

Welcome to Nepal

Friday 2 March 2007

Extraction

Ivory Heaven

Well... there's another tooth gone to Ivory Heaven. After my two latest fillings were tested with some evil tasting fluid, which seemed to burrow its way to the nerve of the tooth and make me wince, the dentist made up her mind which was the one causing the pain. She believes I have a dodgy nerve.

Decision time: to remove the nerve or remove the tooth?

I suggested the latter in view of the trip to Nepal and the dentist agreed. A couple of injections later, some forceful leverage and a cracking sound... and the 'problem' was out. Whether the 'problem' is solved, I cannot tell you yet. I'll have to wait until the anaesthetic wears off to confirm it was the right tooth to be extracted. I do hope so.

No comments: