Welcome to Nepal

Welcome to Nepal

Wednesday 7 February 2007

More inoculations

Medical practice

I rang the doctors this morning to make an appointment to see the nurse for my inoculations... and was surprised to get an appointment for 4.30pm. More injections. MASTA recommend having immunisations for Polio, Hepatitis A, Typhoid Fever, Tetanus... and consider having Hepatitis B and Diphtheria. I'll feel like a pin cushion when she has finished with me.

To enable me to get down to Heathrow (and back), I have looked at various means of travel. British Rail and National Express do not seem practical with the timings and luggage, nor is it fair to ask my family to take me by car. It seems a domestic flight will be best, but I must allow sufficient time for check-in and luggage collection.

Letting the dog out this morning, I noticed the pond was iced over. It must have been cold last night. I ventured out in just my tea-shirt... good practice for my Everest trip. Looking at our electronic weather station, it shows the outdoor temperature as minus two. Cold enough. I don't think I'll be doing this at Base Camp where the temperature can get as low as minus fifteen during the night.

No comments: