Welcome to Nepal

Welcome to Nepal

Saturday 24 February 2007

Breakfast

Introductions

This morning at breakfast, I recognised many faces from the bar the previous night. I introduced myself to the table, served myself with cereal, fruit and yoghurt and sat down. I started to chat to the various people to break the ice, before making my way to the local Community Hall for the morning's lectures.

At about 11.00am we were split into two trekking groups and led out into the hills. Fine and sunny at the bottom, we steadily climbed upwards into the mist and driving rain. It stayed like that until we descended again. At least it gave my new items of kit a good workout.



After showering down back at the hotel (where the hot water stopped working just as I had lathered up everywhere!), we met up for dinner. A presentation followed about a successful summit climb of Ama Dablam... an awesome mountain. The presenter, one of our trekking leaders, was the first lady ever to summit this Himalaya peak in Winter conditions - amazing.

No comments: